Sunday, July 29, 2012
Unit 10
Working through the various routines was straightforward. I did have one issue, which I was pretty sure I would have. I decided to take my home computer to work to try and get some of my class done during the downtimes. All went well. I was able to use vmware and do assignments one through three.... easy. Then I got to the part where I needed to login to webmin. I knew that I would have issues as my network was now ASU instead of my home network. I went through trying to figure out how I could still complete my assignments at work... but I just could not do it. I believe it has something to do with how my computer is recognized at the ASU network vs my home network. Ifconfig indicated my ip address was still the same.... but I have a feeling ASU assigned me a different IP. Also, I was using ASU guest, I know there were recent hacking issues with ASU so I suspect security was pretty tight. Soon as I came home and tried webmin, I had zero problems. I did note that I keep creating users and I neglected to write them down. Definitely a learning experience there. SQL was ok. It was not as intuitive for me as some of the other languages we have used. I have the least experience with SQL so I am sure that figured into being a little more awkward. I feel I am in the home stretch, now if I can just pass those pesky quizzes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment