So, to be honest, I actually read most of these articles. Not just skimmed as with previous units, but READ. The subject of project management is something I am weak in. I have always had grand ideas, but never really bothered learning how to make those ideas happen. Certain things I could just wing it and figure out as I went, but for major projects, that just does not fly. The Cervone articles were the most helpful as the broke down the concepts of project management into clear and easy to follow components- identify and correctly define issues, understand the context of decisions, identifies options, evaluate the risk of each option, prioritize options, choose one based on risk assessment and option assessment, take action and inform stakeholders, then review the choices made. I actually took notes. Crazy.
Several of the articles functioned in this manner, although many of them focused too much on the technology plan to be of use throughout my other job functions. The main idea was the importance of project management, and how some companies make errors when they do not utilize experts in project management. I couldn't say I found any bad advice, I just found articles that were not easy to read as I could not relate to them. They were too tech jargony for me to be interested in. I felt myself skimming those articles and switching back to Cervone for clarification.
I saved several of the articles for later perusal. Really enjoyed this unit.
No comments:
Post a Comment