Monday, July 2, 2012

Unit Seven. Easy------ I thnk??

Unit seven was another week of procrastination.  Zipped through everything and I am even sure I understood some of what we did for the assignment.  For XML I went about it the same way as I had for HTML.  Read a little, and just tried to absorb as much as I could while reading, then went about practising it.  In this case I had to look at quite a few examples of XML.  I wrote up my practise exercise, copied it to my server's website using WinSCP and then posted it in the dropbox.  That is when I noticed that it was not quite kosher.  Oh well, looks like it will be a minor fix with the tags I used.  Somehow it did not recognize the titles of what I typed in?  
Just spent a few minutes troubleshooting. I think the XML element <title> gives the title to the website.  I changed the element to <book title> and that seemed to work.  I can see how XML is pretty specific with its tags.  It makes sense though.
Update on my system.  Everything seems to be working correctly.  I can ping, I can change information using the server and have it show up on WinSCP.  I am not sure  H O W it is all working together, but it is.  SO far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment