Unit 10 really killed me. After posting an update today, I noticed I had already posted some answer to Unit 10. That resulted from taking too long to process information and trying to break it up over the course of time. Unit 10 took me about six hours to complete all assignments. In comparison, Unit 11 took me one hour. Only one? Using the coding and the function of copy and paste works well. I did have to break up the copy and paste and take it line by line to ensure I knew where I wanted the code to look. I created an entirely new database in no time at all.
So looking back over the course of the class, I would say my biggest improvement was in the creation of databases using a variety of tools, PHP, Webmin, and the MySQL monitor. I picked that up the quickest. I am really really really really weak on MySQL queries. I could not for the life of me figure out the pattern, and I am normally quick with such things. I kept getting an alias error and then could not ascertain how to establish an alias. I need more practise with this.
Have I changed my aspect? Yes, overall. Folks that understand this must be extremely patient. I feel stupid for not being able to do this as easily as I thought I would. Then I recall that folks take COURSES, lots of courses to learn how to do these things. I should not feel so bad. I do feel accomplished from the Unit 11 Assignments.
Digital information creates a new set of issues to solve. I can see how easy it is to make a faulty database, and how frustrating one little typo can be. It is too easy to make a mistake when it comes to digital information. I will probably be more forgiving when I encounter an error on a website as I now understand how difficult it is to manage all facets of the information being provided. No wonder IT is such a high paying job.
No comments:
Post a Comment