Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Unit Nine

Wow, this week turned out to be a bit more interesting for me.  I like organizing and considering ways to access information.  It also allowed me to work on a project that I kept putting off.  This week getting through the reading was the toughest part.  After going through the lecture and doing some of the reading assignments, it all felt like gibberish.  So... I gave it a rest overnight and slept.. a lot.  Then I woke up this morning and re-read.  Suddenly it was in English again and I was able to pull through.  I can honestly say I read more and understood more this week than in prior weeks.  I had a hard time drawing the ERD with the new method of identifying relationships.  Instead of pulling out my hair, I decided to verbalise the relationships and table figuring out the drawing tool.  Why stress out at this time?
I am also having issues with the quizzes.  Some of the questions are obvious to me, other are not.  This clearly goes back to skimming vs. detailed reading.  Guess there is no way around detailed reading for this class.  Stay tuned!  I am excited about my database.

No comments:

Post a Comment